Hybrid meetings have been very helpful for organizations, in terms of keeping everything on track during this pandemic. Under social distancing restrictions, online meetings were helpful in communicating with your team and colleagues.
While some of us are still adapting to this system, many offices have already made hybrid meetings their new normal.
On one side, where hybrid meetings have a lot of positives, there’s also one negative side to it that almost all of us would have faced till now. Hybrid meetings can be unproductive sometimes and either one of the two parties or both can lack the enthusiasm to carry forward the discussion.
However, there are some ways in which these meetings can be made more interesting for both parties.
- The first way to improve is by scheduling the right type of meetings. Focusing on the screen and interacting with people requires an enormous amount of energy. Therefore, using it only at the right place will benefit both sides.
- The second way is by keeping the participants engaged with your content. If all the participants coordinate and communicate with each other, then the meeting will never get unproductive.
- Also, proper planning of the meeting is necessary. If everything goes as scheduled before the meeting, then it’s likely that it will turn out to be very productive.
- One more important to note is that inviting a lot of people, might not act in your favor. Handling a lot of attendees can be difficult for the organizer too. So, keep your list short.
- Providing clarity over the issues and keeping your session terse is another main point.
We can conclude that with a plan that’s clear to both sides, you can easily conduct and participate in productive hybrid meetings.